We are looking for a full-time Operations Associate to start in February 2017!
PL+US is looking for a detail-obsessed Operations Associate to run our back-office operations including bookkeeping, facilities, contracts, human resources, and other administrative functions for our very small team located in San Francisco’s Mission District. This role is an incredible opportunity to learn nonprofit administration soup-to-nuts, gaining a full picture of organizational development and operations in an exciting new nonprofit advocacy organization.
- You're an experienced administrative professional who feels the deep value and importance of your work as central to the organization's success. You are likely Quickbooks certified and keep up on the best software and practices for organizational administration. You’re comfortable teaching others about what you know.
- You’re organized. You’re efficient, familiar with organizational budgeting, non-profit administration, Human Resource implementation, basic bookkeeping and accounting. You’ll be building and maintaining systems and procedures to ensure the smooth operation of PL+US as we continue to grow.
- You thrive in a startup environment. You’re excited about working with a small team to create something new, and you love the rapid learning and growth that happens in a startup environment. You’re resourceful and enjoy thinking outside the box while ensuring compliance, but most importantly you’re ready to roll up your sleeves and do the work necessary to build and grow PL+US, support our incredible staff, and build a solid operational foundation.
- You take initiative. Instead of waiting for tasks or projects to be delegated to you, you think ahead, you identify what needs to be done, make a plan and take action.
- You’re a feminist who understands intersectionality. You understand why it’s problematic that companies offer men less paid leave than women. You know that the fact that FMLA doesn’t apply to siblings and grandparents could especially hurt communities of color. When you hear “family leave for every American,” you understand the deep community engagement and fundamental issue re-centering necessary to achieve that goal.
- You’re kind, to others and to yourself. We’re building a team that’s smart, fun, fast, supportive, passionate, and collaborative. That starts with people who are truly delighted and challenged by the work, and know how to bring their best selves to it every day.
About the job:
- Management of the organization’s basic financial administration - including processing expense reports, invoice payment, staff reimbursements and preparation of financial documents for book-keeping firm and accounting firm.
- Business administration including budget management, monitoring and management of legal and finance matters - including working with external vendors, bookkeepers, accountants and lawyers
- Human Resource administration including assisting our bookkeepers with payroll admin, personnel paperwork and records and management of new employee induction programs.
- Facilities management including oversight of our office site, selection and management of building vendors, and office culture.
- Supporting fundraising activities.
- Implementing and maintaining office procedures and administrative systems such as PayChex, Asana, Expensify, Harvest, and BambooHR
- A broad range of administrative projects and tasks as well as providing capacity-add for projects, events, and campaigns, as needed.
Application Deadline: Rolling Applications
Start Date: January 2017
Location: San Francisco
Terms: Full-time position with competitive salary. Generous benefits include unlimited vacation and sick time and up to 6 months of parental leave.
Does this sound like you or someone you know? Apply online at Recruiterbox!
Communications Strategist: "Story-Finder"
114 million people in the US currently have to choose between their livelihood and their ability to care for a new child or a sick or dying family member. We are going to change that.
We are running groundbreaking campaigns to change the paid family leave policies at America's biggest companies. Integral to the success of these campaigns are the voices of employees and consumers who are willing to speak out and share their personal, powerful stories about how devastating bad paid family policies can be.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial, creative "story finder" -- someone with a background in journalism or organizing who has a deep understanding of what makes a compelling story -- to help identify and cultivate people who are experiencing a caregiving crisis and are willing to publicly share their story. Applicants should enjoy detective work, relish discovering new leads, possess great listening skills, and be persuasive enough to convince someone to go on the record.
About the job:
- Make a plan for identifying people who have compelling personal stories about their first-hand experience with bad family family leave policies and who are willing to be public advocates or possible plaintiffs or witnesses in legal challenges.
- Identify and interview potential advocates and litigants. Vet their stories and evaluate their ability to express themselves to the public in a compelling manner.
- Prepare reports on strategies and stories as needed.
- Maintain a database of all identified people and the corresponding stories collected
- You are a journalist or organizer with a minimum of three years of professional experience.
- You have excellent investigative and outreach skills, especially through phone interviews.
- You understand what types of stories will generate media attention and move public opinion.
- You are detail-oriented, creative, self-motivated, and can work well both independently and collaboratively.
- You are an excellent communicator - both verbally and written - and you are comfortable communicating with people from diverse communities. Fluency in Spanish a plus.
Nuts and bolts:
Application Deadline: Rolling
Start Date: ASAP